Having been a Christian in ministry for the past 15 years, I have had strange dreams, and I have sort ways to interpret them. A few years ago, I had a terrible dream that scared me to the core. In this dream, I was sitting in my car relaxing when suddenly a stranger appeared at one of my windows. He immediately grabbed the door handle, opened my car’s door, and ruthlessly threw me out. He then got into my car and sped off. You might have been in my position where you experienced this dream and may have wondered about the spiritual meaning of a car being stolen in a dream.
Different theories have come up regarding what a car being stolen in a dream means spiritually. For some, this dream may indicate that you are about to lose full control of your life and needs to act on it. This dream may also suggest that you are slowly losing your identity or are unsure of who you want to be or the new person you are trying to become. Dreaming of your car being stolen in a dream is not always bad, as some believe it indicates that significant success or opportunity is coming your way.
Read with me to the very end as in this article, I will cover whether the stolen car dreams are common, some religious meanings if you dream about a car being stolen in a dream, and six spiritual meanings of a car being stolen in a dream. We will also cover the different meanings of a car being stolen by the people you know, the meaning of a friend’s car being stolen in a dream, and many more.
Are stolen car dreams common?
Stolen car dreams are pretty common among people from all over the world. This is major because this dream is usually associated with our life, how we carry ourselves, and our daily challenges. One should be concerned if they have this dream, as it may be speaking to them.
You should not be worried and break a leg running towards your garage when you have this dream, as the dream rarely happens in the ‘real’ world, where you will find your actual car stolen after having the dream. According to Mike Wilhelm from confidence headquarters, having a dream that your car is being stolen in your dream may represent your fears, insecurities, anxieties, or feeling vulnerable with your life.
Another essential thing to note is that all dreams concerning a stolen car have the same interpretations, and you should base them on specifics to figure out what your dream may truly mean.
Religious meanings of dreams about a car being stolen in a dream
Different religious scholars have come up with different meanings of dreams about a car being stolen in a dream, and we will discuss them below.
Unhappy with your spouse or relationship
According to the Islamic religion, when one dreams about their car being stolen in a dream, it may indicate that they are having strains or trouble with their relationships, especially with their spouses. The dream may also be a sign that the dreamer has a negative feeling or a wrong perception towards their spouse and is not happy with where their relationship is heading.
Your reputation is being damaged
A dream about your car being stolen may mean that your reputation is being damaged somewhere by someone telling lies about you or trying to ruin your reputation with people close to you or even at your workplace. The dream may be an indication for you to try and dig deeper within your surroundings to find the cause of it.
Struggling with your identity
scholars from the dream bible have also suggested that dreaming about a car being stolen in a dream may mean that you are struggling with your identity, and it is making it impossible for you to make any decisions. This dream may also indicate that you are slowly losing control of your life or you do not have full control over a certain aspect of your life.
Losing something valuable/being reduced to nothing
Evangelist Joshua from Deliverance fire prayers and dream interpretation ministry believes that you are about to be reduced to nothing or are on the verge of losing something valuable to you if your dream is that your car is being stolen.
6 Spiritual Meanings of a Car Being Stolen in a Dream
Just as we have seen some religious meanings of a car being stolen in a dream, several spiritual meanings have been attached to this dream.
- One of the most common spiritual meanings of the dream that your car is being stolen is that you may be in a contradiction with your identity and are trying so hard to figure out who you are. Most of the time, we feel weird compared to people close to us or feel that we do not belong or fit into where we are. This can result in a conflict between yourself and your identity as you try to become a new individual to fit in a certain circle. This dream may be a sign that you are enough just the way you are, or it may be a guide for you to try and re-access who you are as a person and identify with that.
- Another spiritual meaning of this dream may be that your hard work is starting to pay off, and you will soon see the results. Having this dream does not entirely mean your life is in a bad place. It may also mean that more is coming your way, and the dream came as a sign that you will be ready to receive whatever will be coming. You can link this to your workplace if you have been praying and yearning for a promotion or even if you have been working hard to achieve an important goal.
- The third spiritual meaning regarding this dream may be that you are at a point in your life where you do not have complete control over what is happening for several reasons. This may be because you are unsure of the potential you can around or are often discouraged by your insecurities. If you strongly link your dream with this interpretation, it is time to sit and reevaluate your life and figure out what went wrong or where you lost control over your life. You can then decide to make a few simple steps towards gaining your control back and make every best decision that involves your life.
- Most of the time, we usually link our cars to our freedom, giving us independence and freedom. If you own your own car, it is easier for you to wake up in the morning and decide to drive off to your favorite spot. This is because no one will ask you questions about where you are driving the car as it belongs to you. In this sense, if you have this dream, it may spiritually mean that you have a deep fear of losing your freedom and are greatly disturbed by it. This may be associated with a pending promotion at work or even a commitment in a relationship. You may want to commit but are unsure as the commitment will come with a loss of freedom you possessed when single. The best thing to do when you know this is the interpretation of your dream is to remember that commitment comes with the growth you will need in your life, and it is better to go ahead with it.
- Another significant spiritual meaning of this dream is that your life may be in danger overall and that it is time to take extra precautions about who you interact with. Your car being stolen in real life is not a good thing, and the person who stole it may have been after your life or may have wanted to hurt you. The spiritual meaning of this dream is close to reality, and it may be a warning to be aware of the people you keep around you, as they may not be who you think they are. This dream may also spiritually mean that you genuinely feel vulnerable or insecure and o not like the feeling at all.
- Our last possible spiritual meaning of this dream is that you are too attached to your material possessions and have paid little or no attention to your spiritual being. It is normal for people to love their dream car once they possess it, as it brings them satisfaction and fulfillment. However, you must be focused on what you possess materially and remember that you need to nourish your spirit or pay attention to your spiritual life.
Meaning of car parts being stolen in a dream
As we all know, a car possesses different parts, and one can dream of a specific part of their car being stolen, not the whole car. We will interpret the meaning of a dream where specific parts of your vehicle get stolen in your dream.
Dreaming about your car keys being stolen
According to Jamie Young from the dark dreams organization, dreaming about your car keys being stolen may mean that you are currently struggling in your life, especially your career or general goals. This may mean that you are finding it hard to make the necessary choices in your career path and toward the goals you want to achieve.
A dream about your car tires being stolen
You may dream that your car’s tires have been stolen and may wonder what this may mean. Tires are among the essential parts of your car, as without them, your car cannot move. This dream may indicate that you are overworking yourself and it is time to slow down or take a quick break. This dream also means that you should focus on certain aspects of your life, whether from your mental health or financial position.
A dream about your car battery being stolen
Another car part you may dream of being stolen from your car is the battery. Usually, car batteries in a dream stand for your zest for life and the stamina to keep going. If you experience this dream, it may mean you may lack the motivation to continue doing great in life. This may result from a few things like your mental health or even a health issue.
Another dream in the middle of the car theft dream
Another dream may come as your car gets stolen in your dream. This may mean that you are holding on to things too tightly, and it is time to let go of them to reach your specific end or achieve a certain dream. A perfect example of this scenario is that you have received a promotion somewhere, and you have yet to accept it as you feel comfortable in your current position and are not ready to handle new things. When you have this dream, remind yourself that you are destined for greatness and have all it takes to take on different roles and challenges in life.
Meaning of car being stolen in a dream by people you know
You may wake up a little angry or sad after dreaming that your car has been stolen by the people you know. This may come as a sign of betrayal from the people you know, as they are supposed to protect you and be there for you. This dream may mean that the people you know may be aware of something and have decided not to tell you. This may result from wanting to protect or simply having jealousy over your life.
Meaning of car being stolen in a dream by a stranger
While your car can be stolen by someone you know, in most cases, the person who stole your car in your dream may be unknown to you. This may mean you are having difficulty trusting new people around you, or an attack may be planned on your life that you are yet to know. This dream may also mean that someone you do not know is taking over your life and slowly losing control. This may come in the form of manipulation when someone else tries to control how you carry or what happens in your life.
Meaning of a friend’s car was stolen in a dream.
Dreams may not always be about us but about other people, especially those close to us. You may, at some point, dream or have already dreamt that your friend’s car has been stolen in your dream. This may mean you need to be grateful or practice gratitude more. If you experience this dream, it is time to become more thankful to the people and things around you. This may also mean that there is something traumatic you went through in life and are yet to get over it.
Should I be worried when I dream about my car being stolen?
Dreaming of your car being stolen can be very worrying, as it may raise different questions. We have seen a number of possible interpretations of this kind of dream, and you must consider all of them. If you are trying to find your identity again or are trying to take control of your life, you should pay attention to this kind of dream and what the interpretations mean. However, you should only dwell a little on the dream and not be worried.
As a devout Christian, I have always been passionate about the Christian faith. This inspired me to pursue a degree in Religious studies and a Masters in Theology in college. I have also been privileged to teach 4 Christian courses in a college and university. Since I am dedicated to spreading the word of God, I am actively involved in the Church. Additionally, I share his word online and cover diverse topics on the Christian faith through my platform. You can read more about me on the about us page.