The rise and ascension of the Son of Man into Heaven after his crucifixion is one of the most memorable events in the Bible. Just as his ascension was miraculous, so do believers imply that his return will be inexplicable. However, many people wonder how he will come back the second time. Will Jesus be born again?
Religious scholars imply that Jesus will not be born again, as Hebrews 9:27-28 suggests that people are destined to die once. Biblical evidence shows that he will return just as he ascended, but unexpectedly.
When will Jesus return? And will he come back as a human adult? Why and how will he return? Let us find the answers to these questions, as evidenced in the Bible.
No. The scriptures imply that nobody knows the day or hour of God’s return. Some believers have tried many times to predict the coming of the Son of Man, giving dates and times that they claim it will happen, and all these days mentioned have come to pass, yet nothing happened.
Many scriptures talk about the second coming of Jesus Christ.
- Hebrews 9:28: so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him-Jesus will return this time to reward his followers
- 2 Peter 3:10: But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything done in it will be laid bare-The Son of Man will return unexpectedly like a thief
- 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17: For the Lord himself will come down from Heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet-call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever-The bible implies that The Lord will descend just as he arose and take his people.
- Revelations 1:7: “Look, he is coming with the clouds,” and “every eye will see him, even those who pierced him,”; and all peoples on earth “will mourn because of him.” So shall it be! Amen-Jesus will return, and people against him shall regret
- John 14:3: And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me, that you also may be where I am- Jesus left to prepare a place for his followers and promises to return for them.
- Acts 1:10-11: They were looking intently up into the sky as he was going when suddenly two men dressed in white stood beside them. “Men of Galilee,” they said, “why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into Heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven-The angels revealed to those who saw Jesus ascend that he would return in the same way.
- Revelation 22:12: “Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done-Jesus will return to reward everyone according to their actions
- Titus 2:13: while we wait for the blessed hope—the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ-He is surely going to come back
- 1 Thessalonians 5:2: for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night-The Lord will return very unexpectedly, so believers are asked to keep watch
- 1 John 2:28: And now, dear children, continue in him, so that when he appears we may be confident and unashamed before him at his coming-Believers are urged to have confidence in the Lord so that he will reward them when he returns
- Revelation 22:20: He who testifies to these things says, “Yes, I am coming soon.” Amen. Come, Lord Jesus-The Lord is coming soon
The scriptures imply that Jesus is coming back soon. Hebrews 9:28 says that he is coming to reward his people. According to religious scholars, the first coming of Jesus was to save the lost or to rescue all sinners and bring them to God. After he completed his work on earth, they claim that he returned to his father in Heaven and will return soon, this time to take those who stuck to his Word.
Matthew 25:31-46 implies how the Son of Man will return to separate the sheep from the goats. According to the scripture, his return will condemn those who did not follow his Word to eternal punishment and the righteous to eternal life.
1 Thessalonians 5:2 implies that Jesus will come like a thief very unexpectedly. So the scriptures insist Christians should keep watch and live devoted to him because Jesus’ coming is unknown. According to the Gospel of Matthew 24:40, two men will be watching over their sheep when one is taken while the other is left. So the Bible urges believers to remain alert, as the Son of Man will return at an unexpected hour.
Most theologians argue that Jesus will descend just as he ascended to Heaven. Acts 1:10-11 takes us to the time when Jesus ascended into Heaven. They were looking intently up into the sky as he was going when suddenly, two men dressed in white stood beside them. “Men of Galilee,” they said, “why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into Heaven, will return in the same way you have seen him go into Heaven.
These religious scholars still maintain their belief that Jesus’ return will be as predicted in many scriptures, like a thief, but descending from Heaven. Because nobody is sure, believers are advised to constantly believe in the Word of God and wait on him intently.
Nobody truly knows how, when, and at what hour Jesus will return. The Bible further implies in Acts 1:7 that “It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his authority.” However, theologians suggest that there is biblical evidence to imply how he will return.
Hebrews 9:27-28 says Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him. Religious scholars use this verse to point out that people can only die once; hence Jesus will not be reborn.
Instead, as the scriptures imply, he will descend from Heaven just as he had ascended and most likely return as a human adult (Acts 1:10-11).
- Is it possible to know when Jesus is coming back?
- The Second Coming of Jesus Christ
- What will happen when Jesus returns?
- Jesus Coming Back
- At the second coming, will Jesus descend in the same body, or will he be reborn again?
- The Second Coming Of Jesus
As a devout Christian, I have always been passionate about the Christian faith. This inspired me to pursue a degree in Religious studies and a Masters in Theology in college. I have also been privileged to teach 4 Christian courses in a college and university. Since I am dedicated to spreading the word of God, I am actively involved in the Church. Additionally, I share his word online and cover diverse topics on the Christian faith through my platform. You can read more about me on the about us page.